Thursday, July 29, 2004

I'm Suffering from...

Post-partum depression...Oh no wait, I've been reading too much Erma Bombeck recently, since I didn't give birth to a child in the past 7 years, I just completed my MBA! I didn't suffer much post-partum depression with either of my kids, but I'm sure suffering from some sort of let down right now. It has been just over a week since I finished my MBA, and I have no motivation to do anything at this point, except sleep and whine that I am sick of doing everything!

I honestly don't know if this is simply let down from the reduction of stress, a feeling of being overwhelmed by all the boards I have been reading recently or a sense of loss because none of them are quite the same. I know I said I was just going to move on and enjoy the changes, but at this moment they are difficult to swallow!

Personally though, I suspect my issues are a combination of all the changes all at the same time. I will bounce back and be fine, and I truly have been enjoying expanding my horizons, but at this point, I need to get away from the computer and break this bad habit I have gotten into of being here all the time. I need to clean my house, so that is where I am going to start with baby steps. In order to motivate myself, I am picking one room and attacking it for the length of one CD today. Then I will do the same tomorrow, and so on and so on...

Today's music choice? A Billborad's Top Hits CD from 1975! I think that might help me get moving. The best part is there is only 1 song on the CD I don't know/like! Then back to the boards, unless I decide to go hibernate and stitch for awhile....really want to do some of that, but just can't get the motivation going to thread the needle.

Ah well, off to do what I NEED to do today. I'll let you all know how it works, either later today or tomorrow! In the meanwhile, at this time next week I'll be doing last minute packing in preparation for leaving for Vegas in about an hour!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I go through times like these too...where it all just seems so overwhelming. Just keep your chin up and this too will pass. :)

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home