Tuesday, July 20, 2004

A Power Outage and The Minor Emergency Clinic

Today has just been the day from Hades! It started at 2:30 this morning when our power went out, although I was lucky enough to sleep until 3! At that point, I called the power company just to be told that it was out and they had no idea why, but the crews were out working on it. The person I spoke with didn't even know where the outage issue occurred...What's up with that? SP anyway at 5 I ealized that I did have access to the news, by listening to the radio in my car, I found out that another substation caught fire just a couple of miles from my house and that originally 50,000 people were powerless. At that point they said there were still about 13,000 people without power, I guess I was one of those lucky 13, since I didn't get my power restored until about 7:15. At that point, I told DS to play quietly, as I was going back to bed! I got about 2 hours more sleep, and woke up to no power again! This time I decided it was time to get up and face the day, so I started to prepare to get my shower and get cleaned up for the day.
 
I asked DS to fix food for the dogs, while I took my shower (this is a relatively normal thing). He started opening the canned food to mix with the dry, and all thoughts of a shower left my mind, when he cut his finger on the lid. So off to the minor emergency clinic we race. An hour later (muct have been record time for them) we left with DS and 3 stitches in his right middle finger (good thing he's a lefty). So we come home and feed the poor dogs, who by now are over hungry. Then we prepare to have our regularly scheduled day wich included a trip to the bank and picking up the Vegas t-shirts. We were supposed to meet a friend for lunch while we were downtown getting the shirts, but had to cancel, due to my friend's work schedule today, and my having no idea how long the clinic would take.
 
So anyway, we get rolling to the bank and stop to grab lunch to eat on teh drive down to get the t-shirts. Got the shirts, adn they are gorgeous! I love them! Then came back home, where amazingly enough the power was still on. At this point, I am just exhausted, but I still need to prep the shirts so that we can mail them tomorrow and get back on our original plan for the week. At least my final paper is done, and even if I did not turn it in at this point, I should end up with a 'C' in the class! I will pass this no matter what!
 
They say all's well that ends well, and I am happy with that at this point in time. DS will be fine, as a matter of fact, he thinks its cool that he got stitches! I accomplished most of what I needed to do today, just need to reschedule my luncheon, and hopefully I won't get hit with another blackout today! I have had enough of being powerless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home