Friday, October 15, 2004

Boards

There are many cross stitch ezboards available for those of us who wish to discuss our favorite hobby in the online community. These boards range from designer sponsored, strictly stitching boards to primarily chat boards and cover a wide variety in between. There are boards whose primary political bent is conservative and those whose political leaning is liberal and all points of the spectrum in between.

This post is not about the politics of any board, or even politics in general. This is more about the character and attitude of the various boards in general. THere are boards that I feel very comfortable posting at and participating on, whereas others are not as comfortable and then there is one in particular where I have lurked as anonymous, due to my desiring to read a particular event that is occurring where that board is involved, however, I would never post there, or even admit to lurking due to the general nature of the board. I do not enjoy being associated with boards where people are negative and bashing other people, or where people are generally insipidly silly.

I also have severely limited my posting on another board where it has appeared that posts or threads have disappeared when people disagree or criticize the thread's origiantor. This board I have almost completely abandoned posting at, since I do not believe that anyone should delete a thread simply because some one else's opinion differs from your own and it is blatently stated.

Rather than make a statement on this board, I have simply elected to terminante my relationship with the board. This is my perogative, and no-one appears to miss me there too much, so I'm not losing any sleep over it. I have better things to do with my time than to worry over whether people on a board miss me at all. My DD and DS are very active children and I am constantly running them around. My DH is a very busy man, and does as much as he can, but still most of the extra-curricular activities fall on my shoulders. I have my friends and the people that I care about and those are the ones that I keep in contact with, either through the boards, e-mail or IM. Otherwise, I am not worried about it. This was simply a topic that was on my heart and I felt I needed to share it with the world.

So if you've missed seeing me around certain boards, then its probably that I needed a "time-out" from them. I'm still around breathing and stitching every spare minute I can get!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Not sure which board you're referring to since I'm absent from most of them too, but as long as you keep blogging, that's good for me! I love reading about how you're doing. Take care and have a great weekend.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Margaret!!

It's me, your Vegas roomie. Dropped by "The Wagon", saw the link to your blog and took a peek. I have to agree with you about the nature of some boards.....it's such a shame that anyone needs to seriously censor themselves before posting an opinion(not a slur, bashing,. name calling, just an opinion) It was god catching up with you.

faedragon

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home