Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Wagon Challenge

The Wagon is running a challenge from today until February 2005, and I am participating in it. Below is my pledge to stick to the challenge. Although I debated about making a couple of last minute commitments, such as the Secret Stitchers for this round, I managed to not do it. I do want to subscribe to the last two gemstone mysteries, and may try to con DH into buying them for me as an early Christmas present, at least the charts, the supplies I can get later, since I'm way behind on stitching the mysteries as well as everything else I have started. My primary reason for doing the challenge, is that I had already committed to abstinence after Vegas, and this is another way of supporting myself in achieving that commitment. I also thought it would be fun! So without further ado, here is my pledge!

I, Margaret, do solemnly promise, not to purchase anything between September 1, 2004 and February 2005. The exceptions to this promise are supplies needed for current WIPs ONLY, gifts and finishing of the wedding sampler that needs to be framed for a wedding on October 9. I do NOT promise to avoid starting anything new, as I have plenty of stash to start new projects, without purchasing anything. However, if it is a new start that requires more supplies, it must go into UFO status until the end of this challenge. I also pledge to support and encourage my fellow challengees in anyway that I can. This includes providing words of encouragement and participating in the games and challenges that are part of the challenge, or anything else that may be necessary to support other participants.

I will report monthly on how well I am doing with this challenge. I am looking forward to a fun way to stay on the Wagon and the games that Carleen has planned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I know it's so hard to abstain from buying new stuff, but you can do it! Just concentrate on the stuff that you've got going on now. I hit major stash acquisition burnout about a year ago and since then, cross stitch has taken on a new appeal when I just concentrate on what I've got! Good luck with the challenge!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home