Wednesday, December 20, 2006

OMG I'm Scared

Remember my comments in Sunday's post about quitting smoking....So much for spring...I'm trying right now. My last cigarette was at 2 PM this afternoon. I was talking with my friend, E and he seems to be really intrigued, but he has a problem with the smoke smell etc... and he said basically the same things that people, including XH have been saying for years...the only difference is that this time, whatever he said really hit home with me and made a difference! So I went to Costco and bought some Nicorette, which has helped me in the past. So I have piece#1 sitting on the desk beside my keyboard ready for when I really need a cigarette. I'm going to do this...right now. Please pray for me and let me know you're out there, since right now I need all the support I can get!

At this moment I'm headed to the shower to wash all traces of smoke smell off of me...since i"m hoping that might help too!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret...The easiest thing in the world to do is quit smoking...The hardest thing is not to start again...

One of the biggest things that got me back into stitching was quitting smoking. It gave me something to do with my hands and I didn't want my projects to be stinky or yellowed.
Every time you want a cigarette...STITCH. It helps. honest...

It gets easier as time goes by, it becomes a challenge to see how long you can beat it back. Every now and then I still want one after nearly ten years but then I smell someone who smokes and bleh. it is all gone.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Angi said...

You can do it Margaret!! You can do it! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

Go Margaret! Go Margaret! i'm rootin for ya!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Darla said...

Go out and buy some easy-to-eat veggies, like those "baby" carrots, and if stitching doesn't help with the fidgeting, gnaw on a carrot or two. Just stay away from junk! Hugs and all my best wishes to you. You can do it!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Go Margaret Go!

I know you can do it, and I'm very happy that you are trying :) Remember, just one day at a time.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Sher said...

Got all fingers crossed for you and will keep you in my thoughts.I know you can do this! Like everyone has said - one day at a time!!! I know you'll be successful.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Glenda said...

After everything else that has happened this year, you can certainly do this!

Sending you smokeless vibes~~~

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home