Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Rain, Rain Go Away

OK so I really shouldn't say this, because in a few months I'll really be whining about the heat, sun and lack of rain...but Jeez 6 inches in 2 months in the desert??? Its just gotten a little ridiculous and I'm tired of only seeing the sun through the clouds! I think that this year I'm sufferring from S.A.D.!

I never realized how much I had adjusted to constant sunshine until I lived through 2 weeks with only an hour or 2 of real sunlight! I know that we really need this rain, and several more years like this, but I"m tired of wanting to take a nap all the time, because my sinuses are whacked out from the humidity or the clouds have me depressed or whatever!

The kids have gone stir crazy from never being able to get out to play. Every time they try to go out to play, it starts raining again. I'm sick of hearing the Gamecube constantly and told them no games today, and I don't care how bad its raining...find something else to do! I'm ready to have them scrub the walls to get some of this energy burned out of them! My patience and motivation are shot, so I'm whining here today!

Ahh well, eventually we'll get some sun again, and the upside is that our pool is overfull, and we haven't added any water (at our expense) in well over a month! Shame we couldn't collect all this rain somewhere to re-fill the pool again later when it starts evaporating again!

I think I see some sun, I'd better get out and see if it actually exists for 2 minutes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

I know what you mean. If it isn't raining here, it is snowing or just plain cold..YUCK!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send it my way!!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Jill in CA said...

I totally understand; I live in San Diego and this is the first day I've seen the sun in a week. There's supposed to be another storm here next week too. No!!!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home