Sunday, February 13, 2005

A Day Off

Most people get at least one, normally two days per week away from the office to relax and recuperate from the work week. As a SAHM, I rarely get a day off, and as a homeschooler, it is even worse. SAHM's normally get some break when the kids trot off to school in the mornings, but I don't since I school my kids at home. I just realized that my idea of a day off, is getting 10 minutes to run to the store by myself! That's sad.

DH gripes about the office all the time, and works way more hours than he is paid for, so even any time I spend with him, is not really time off, since I have to listen to his job woes all the time. I'm tired of listening to his talking computers 3 miles over my head! It gets tiresome trying to figure out what he's talking about after awhile, and there's a limit as to how many grocery lists I can make in my head! LOL

I just want one lousy little day where I don't have to worry about housework, meals or schlepping kids anywhere...Maybe in another 4 years when DD starts driving!

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenda said...

I hear you. There's never a day off from laundry either.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Very true! I just lumped it in with housework!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home