Monday, January 10, 2005

Homeschool...Again

Well it is official, DS has been withdrawn from the public school system and is now being homeschooled. I know many of you are aware that we were considering making this change at the first of the year. Now the decision has been made and the action taken. I've enrolled him in a science co-op that runs at the same time as DD's science co-op and purchased his curriculum today, we should have that in about a week. I'm still dealing with nerves over the additional duties that I have taken on, but I know that the Lord will provide a way to ensure that the best possible job is done!

DS has been happier, better behaved and displayed a better attitude since we started discussing this as a possibility, and when we went to his old classroom today to collect his remaining things was very happy and proud to state to all his friends that he was being homeschooled. I know in my heart that this was the best decision for him, and I look forward to the new challenges that will continue to rear their heads over the coming days, weeks, months and years. Although tonight, I'm simply tired, and need a break!

DH had to work on his big paper that is due Wednesday night for his MBA class all weekend, so I had no break over the weekend, and ended up staying up way too late last night again, so that's why I'm tired today. THis will pass, as I'm headed in now to start my bedtime ritual, that includes at least an hour of stitching time. Now if I can just keep it at an hour tonight, I'll be in great shape! LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Good luck to you. I can't imagine homeschooling, but I know you are dedicated and enthusiastic, so I'm sure you're going to do a fantastic job! :)

6:12 AM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I'm glad to hear that DS is looking forward to being homeschooled. I know lots of folks who are homeschooling more than one and they say that its just as easy because often times there are things they can learn together or help each other with. I know how good homeschooling has been for DS & I hope it goes just as well for you guys. :)

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Margaret, I read your entry, this post. I would like to use it on my site homeschool gathering place with your permission.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home